Library and archives
Because of internal reasons the library will remain close to users until further notice
The library is specialized in contemporary art, particularly in the figure, work and cultural context of Joan Miró. The library is open to the public and has a specific section in our web page. Currently, the collection is constituted by more than 22,000 documents, including monographs, exhibition catalogs, audiovisual or multimedia materials and national and international magazines. The collection grows constantly thanks to acquisitions through purchase, donations, own editions and exchange with other libraries.
Joan Miró’s documentary archive includes correspondence, newspaper library, photographs, books from Miró’s personal library and heterogeneous material. The correspondence is made up of letters addressed to Miró by artists, architects, writers and friends, which represent about 800 documents. The archive includes over 11,000 documents, including the eight volumes of national and international press articles on Miró published between 1918 and 1958. The compilation of articles on Miró has continued until today. There are also 479 books from Miró’s personal library. In addition, the Fundació Miró Mallorca houses around 20,000 photographs, annotations and a set of heterogeneous documents related to Miró.
Time table and services
Library and archives
Miró Mallorca Fundació
Carrer de Saridakis, 29
Tel. +34 971 701 420
Fax +34 971 702 102
Library is located at the center place of -1 floor of the Moneo building, and is distributed in three floors.
Due to the temporary closure, for researchers to consult they should obtain prior aproval to their queries. Prior appointment should therefore be requested by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consultation room, with 20 reading places, 1 computer place and 1 place equipped with multimedia resources (audio and video in several formats).
- Free access library ordered by CDU and thematical criteria.
- Restricted acces to Joan Miró’s documentary archives just to accredited researchers
- Reprography service and access to the internet.
- WI-FI free zone.
- Catalogue access in room.
- Catàleg Bibliogràfic Col·lectiu de les Illes Balears (CABIB) in process.
- Documentary archives in MS Access database.
- XX century Art and catalogues library
- Joan Miró and his cultural context library
- Documentary archive about Joan Miró
- Contemporay art magazines
- Children library