Library Pilar Juncosa
The figure, work and cultural context of Joan Miró
The library Pilar Juncosa is specialized in contemporary art, particularly in the figure, work and cultural context of Joan Miró. The library is open to the public and has a specific section in our web page. Currently, the collection is constituted by more than 20.000 documents, including monographs, exhibition catalogs, audiovisual or multimedia materials and national and international magazines. The collection grows constantly thanks to acquisitions through purchase, donations, own editions and exchange with other libraries. Currently, the internal catalog of the library is in process of being incorporated into the Collective Bibliographic Catalog of the Balearic Islands (CABIB).
Joan Miró’s documentary archive includes correspondence, newspaper library, photographs, books from Miró’s personal library and heterogeneous material. The correspondence is made up of letters addressed to Miró by artists, architects, writers and friends, which represent about 800 documents. The archive includes over 11,000 documents, including the eight volumes of national and international press articles on Miró published between 1918 and 1958. The compilation of articles on Miró has continued until today. There are also 479 books from Miró’s personal library. In addition, the Fundació Miró Mallorca houses around 20,000 photographs, annotations and a set of heterogeneous documents related to Miró.
Time table and services
Library and archives
Fundació Miró Mallorca
Carrer de Saridakis, 29
Tel. +34 971 701 420
Fax +34 971 702 102
Library is located at the center place of -1 floor of the Moneo building, and is distributed in three floors.
Researchers are requested to obtain prior aproval to their queries. Prior appointment should therefore be requested by mail to email@example.com
- Consultation room, with 26 reading places, 1 computer place and 1 place equipped with multimedia resources (audio and video in several formats).
- Free access library ordered by thematical criteria.
- Restricted acces to Joan Miró’s documentary archives just to accredited researchers
- Reprography service and access to the internet.
- WI-FI free zone.
- In-room consultation of the bibliographic catalog
- Access to the MuseumPlus management program
- XX and XXI centuries Art and catalogues library
- Joan Miró and his cultural context library
- Documentary archive about Joan Miró (correspondence, personal notes, photographs …)
- Newspaper library (compilation of historical press articles related to Joan Miró from 1918 to the present)
- Contemporary art magazines
- Children library