Library Pilar Juncosa
The figure, work and cultural context of Joan Miró
The library Pilar Juncosa is specialized in contemporary art, particularly in the figure, work and cultural context of Joan Miró. The library is open to the public and has a specific section in our web page. Currently, the collection is constituted by more than 20.000 documents, including monographs, exhibition catalogs, audiovisual or multimedia materials and national and international magazines. The collection grows constantly thanks to acquisitions through purchase, donations, own editions and exchange with other libraries.
Joan Miró’s documentary archive includes correspondence, newspaper library, photographs, books from Miró’s personal library and heterogeneous material. The correspondence is made up of letters addressed to Miró by artists, architects, writers and friends, which represent about 800 documents.
The archive includes over 11,000 documents, including the eight volumes of national and international press articles on Miró published between 1918 and 1958.
The compilation of articles on Miró has continued until today. There are also 479 books from Miró’s personal library. In addition, the Fundació Miró Mallorca houses around 20,000 photographs, annotations and a set of heterogeneous documents related to Miró.
Time table and services
Library and archives
Fundació Miró Mallorca
Carrer de Saridakis, 29
Tel. +34 971 701 420
Fax +34 971 702 102
Library is located at the center place of -1 floor of the Moneo building, and is distributed in three floors.
- 26 reading places
- Online quiry throughout the Collective Bibliographic Catalog of the Balearic Islands (CABIB).
- Access to the MuseumPlus management program
- Exhibition area
- Access to Miró’s Foundation gardens
- XX and XXI centuries art books: painting, sculpture, ceramics, architecture, photography, design, fashion, printmaking, museology, etc.
- Miró’s section: books about Joan Miró and his cultural context
- Joan Miró’s personal library (about 500 books)
- Documentary archive about Joan Miró: correspondence, personal notes, photographs, press, etc.
- Contemporary art magazines national and international
- Children’s library