How to get there
Fundació Miró Mallorca
C/ de Saridakis, 29
34 971 701 420
Bus nos. 46, 47, 4 & 1, operated by Empresa Municipal de Transports de Palma (EMT)
Bus no. 108, operated by Transport de les Illes Balears (TIB)
Palma City Sightseeing tourist bus
Lines and timetabes
Línia 46 (la Bonanova – Gènova – Sindicat) From Sindicat, Plaça Espanya or Comte de Sallent. Approximate journey time: 35 minutes. Get off at stop no. 717 , Saridakis 29 (Fundació Miró Mallorca). Timetable & route L46
Línia 47 (Gènova – la Bonanova – Sindicat) From Sindicat, Plaça Espanya or Comte de Sallent. Approximate journey time: 45 minutes. Get off at stop no. 714, Saridakis 29 (Fundació Miró Mallorca). Timetable & route L47
Línia 1 (Portopí – Sindicat) From Sindicat, Plaça Espanya, Comte de Sallent or Passeig Marítim. Approximate journey time: 35 minutes. Get off at stop no. 92, Joan Miró – Public Parking Cala Major. Walk 10min. carrer Saridakis. Timetable & route L1
Línia 4 (Ses Illetes – Plaça Columnes) From Sindicat, Plaça Espanya, Comte de Sallent or Jaume III. Approximate journey time: 35 minutes. Get off at stop no. 67, Joan Miró – Marivent (The Palace of Marivent). Walk 10min. carrer Saridakis. Timetable & route L4
TIB – Línia 108 (Palma – Son Caliu) From Plaça Espanya. Approximate journey time: 35 minutes. Get off at stop no. 40010, Marivent (The Palace of Marivent). Pujar pel carrer Saridakis, 10 minuts fins la Fundació. Timetable & route L108
Bus turístic Palma City Sightseeing. Get off at stop no. 12. Timetable & route
60 parking spaces (free of charge)
2 disabled parking spaces
X parking spaces for bicycles
Timetables and fares
General admission fee
- We are a cashless Foundation
- For over 66s
- Holders of a Carnet Jove or student card
- People with disabilities (acreditation)
- Group visits (of over 10 people who do not come from AAVV or TTOO)
- AAVV or TTOO: 20% of discount on the displayed general rates
- Associations/organizations or institutions with a special agreement
Admission for residents in Palma
- Saturdays from 3 p.m.
- First Sunday of every month: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Under 16s.
- Accredited members: International Council of Museums (ICOM), AAVIB Associació d'Artistes Visuals de les Illes Balears, travel agencies, Official Association of Tour Guides and travelling agents (during their activity), the unemployed, journalists, researchers.
- Foundation's volunteers
- Open days (if they fall on a Monday, the museum will remain closed to the public):
- March 1st (Day of the Balearic Islands)
- May 18th (International Museum Day)
- June 24th (Saint John’s Day)
- December 19th (Fundació anniversary)
- December 31th ( Festa de l'Estendard - Festival of the Banner)
- When a holiday falls on Monday the Museum will remain closed
“Miró tot l’any” yearly pass
“Miró tot l’any” yearly pass
- With the yearly pass, you can visit the Fundació Miró Mallorca as many times as you like for €16.
- Through this important form of collaboration with the Foundation, you will have year-round access to exhibitions and to the studios and you will be sent information about our programme of events.
- We are a cashless Foundation.
Educational workshops or activities
Fundació Miró Mallorca offers different types of guided visits for you to gain an insight into the life and work of Joan Miró in Mallorca. Our experts will introduce you to the background history, the artist’s techniques, anecdotes and other details that will make your visit a truly enjoyable experience.
Specific thematic tours
Library Pilar Juncosa & archives
The role of the library and archives is to conserve the Fundació Miró Mallorca’s documentary collection and to make it publicly known. Public access is also provided to a large bibliographical collection and to a periodicals and audio-visual library on 19th to 21st century art, made up of over 22,000 titles. Free Wi-Fi.
The library Pilar Juncosa is specialized in contemporary art, particularly in the figure, work and cultural context of Joan Miró. The library is open to the public and has a specific section in our web page.
The catalogue is available on-line at CABIB (Catàleg Automatitzat de Biblioteques de les Illes Balears).
For more information: email@example.com
The shop sells catalogues and a select choice of objects featuring images of Joan Miró’s work, in addition to a selection of original prints made by different artists in the Foundation’s studios. It also features a wide range of books, designer goods, jewellery, items for the home and educational games.
On January 2, 2024, the store will be closed for maintenance and inventory.
(1) The shop will close 15 minutes before the official closing of the Foundation.
(2) We are a cashless Foundation.
Exchange and returns (pdf)
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in the Foundation's sculpture garden, with marvellous views of the Moneo Building and a superb terrace. A unique restful backdrop, with free access to the public. Private lunches and diners can be served by prior request. Tel.: 971 70 14 20 (extension 1822).
From January 1st to February 29th, the cafeteria will be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Foundation has 60 free private parking spaces for visitors, including two disabled spaces. There is also a place to park motorbikes.
Just at the entrance to Moneo building there are 12 places for bicycles.
Fundació Miró Mallorca is located in the Cala Major district, where the artist lived and worked from 1956 to 1983. Visits to the Fundació cover its four main areas. Recommended visiting time: 2 hrs.
The Sert Studio
The studio of Miró’s dreams, designed by his friend, architect Josep Lluís Sert. Based on a minimalist design, with spacious interiors and light from the north. An inspiring setting where Miró could work on numerous paintings at the same time.
An 18th century rural Mallorcan house. Its walls feature original charcoal graffiti by the artist. A place used to work on very large paintings and sketches for sculptures.
The Moneo Building: museum and services
Integrating art with architecture, another of Miró’s dreams. Exhibitions of the Foundation’s collection: work by Joan Miró and contemporary artists. A library, auditorium, shop and three exhibition rooms.
The perfect setting for Joan Miró’s sculptures and a place to stroll or have a drink at the café, with views of Moneo’s architecture.